US: Dr Pepper Snapple to relaunch 7Up - report
Dr Pepper Snapple's revamp of 7Up will allow it to compete better with rivals
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) is to reformulate its 7Up brand, with the addition of a new advertising campaign for the US market, according to reports.
The US soft drinks firm believes the move will allow it to “better compete with rival offerings” from The Coca-Cola Co and PepsiCo as well as boost volumes, The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday (24 May).
It is understood the revamped 7Up will be available across the US from September, with a change to its taste profile and new graphics and packaging.
The firm believes the relaunch may help raise the brand's volumes as soon as the fourth quarter.
Dr Pepper Snapple could not be reached for comment.
Earlier this year, the firm raised its profits guidance for 2010, despite reporting a decline in profits and sales in the first quarter of the year.
Cathleen P. Black has tendered her resignation from The Coca-Cola Co's board of directors....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends