US: Dr Pepper Snapple to launch stevia sports drink
Dr Pepper Snapple Group and All Sport Inc plan to launch a sports drinks in the US, containing a natural sweetener derived from the stevia plant.
The drink, All Sport Naturally Zero, will be marketed as a zero-calorie sports drink and launched next month, the firms said this week.
They said that the drink contains rebiana, a natural sweetener derived from the stevia plant and part of a new range of stevia-based sweeteners that analysts expect to sweep the US soft drinks sector, following regulatory clearance last year.
Rebiana has been approved for use by the US Food and Drug Administration.
"We have been working diligently in our R&D centre to incorporate stevia in our products and in our allied brands, such as All Sport," said Larry Young, CEO of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, the third largest soft drinks firm in the US.
All Sport Naturally Zero will be available in 20-oz bottles in convenience and gas, grocery and speciality retail channels, as well as in three flavours: Dragonfruit, Strawberry Star Fruit and Mandarin Orange.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group holds an equity stake in Big Red Inc, the parent company of All Sport Inc, and is the primary distributor of the All Sport brand.
The Coca-Cola Co posted a healthy 16% lift in first half net profits this week, ahead of PepsiCo's 2% drop. Michelle Russell examines the fortunes of the two rivals....
This year, the words 'all-natural' have been appearing on more and more soft drinks labels, a reflection not only of the growing well-being trend, but also a sign that drinks producers are responding ...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has distanced itself from discussions regarding the distribution deal it currently has with PepsiAmericas and Pepsi Bottling Group for its Crush CSD brand in the US....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has posted a lift in net profits for its second quarter, despite a slight dip in sales....
Coca-Cola Enterprises is to close its Kansas bottling plant in a bid to cut costs, the company said today (10 August)....
The Coca-Cola Co. has posted a healthy lift in net profits for the first half of this year, despite a dip in sales and operating profits in the period....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has signed a deal with Jack in the Box Inc and its franchisees that will see both Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper available in all Jack in the Box restaurants across the US....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends