US: Dr Pepper Snapple to launch stevia drinks
Dr Pepper Snapple has declared its interest in launching soft drinks containing sweeteners derived from the stevia plant.
The US Food and Drug Administration this week cleared both Coca-Cola and PepsiCo to launch drinks containing their respective versions of a stevia-derived sweetener.
A spokesperson for Dr Pepper Snapple confirmed to just-drinks today (19 December) that the group would look to follow suit.
Dr Pepper Snapple, spun off from Cadbury in May this year, is the third largest soft drinks firm in the US.
The group confirmed in a statement that "we expect to announce the launch of our first stevia-sweetened products in the coming weeks".
The UK Office of Fair Trading has shrugged off competition concerns to approve Coca-Cola Co's acquisition of a stake in smoothie maker Innocent Drinks....
Wind turbines, recycled plastics and more environmentally friendly refrigerators are some of the initiatives that have been highlighted by the British Soft Drinks Association (BSDA) to demonstrate the...
The threat of a federal tax hike on alcohol and sugary soft drinks to help pay for healthcare reform in the US appears to have receded, following comments from leading Senators in the debate....
The UK soft drinks industry has proved itself more resilient to recession than other beverage sectors in 2009, according to Paul Moody, president of the British Soft Drinks Association....
PepsiCo is to launch two limited edition line extensions to its Mountain Dew range, in association with Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft multiplayer game....
Pepsi Bottling Group has acquired Texas-based soft drinks bottler Ab-Tex Beverage, its third bottler in less than two months....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
International Dairy and Juice Limited (IDJ), PepsiCo's venture with Saudi-based dairy company Almarai, has bought a 75% stake in Jordanian dairy producer Teeba....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research