US: Dr Pepper Snapple signs Vita Coco deal
Dr Pepper Snapple expands its range
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is looking to enhance its presence in health and wellness drinks after signing a deal to distribute Vita Coco's all-natural coconut water in the US.
The company confirmed yesterday (8 June) that it will intially distribute Vita Coco in Florida and Georgia, with other states to follow. The soft drinks maker has highlighted consumer trends for health and wellness as a key focus for the company.
Vita Coco is the best-selling fresh coconut water brand in the emerging market for coconut water in the US, according to Merrill Lynch/Bank of America figures.
"Allied brands are an important part of our overall route-to-market strategy, enabling us to enhance our own brand portfolio with strong players like Vita Coco," said Rodger Collins, president of packaged beverages for DPSG.
A spokesperson for Vita Coco told just-drinks that the New York-based company will maintain contracts with distributors in other US states.
"Prior to the Dr Pepper Snapple deal, Vita Coco already had distribution with larger regional distributors like Exclusive Beverage Distributors in New York and Haralambos Beverage Co. on the west coast. That remains unchanged," he said. "Vita Coco also has direct to retail relationships."
DPS will distribute five Vita Coco flavours: 100% pure, pineapple, acai & pomegranate, peach & mango and tangerine. Vita Coco will be available in 11.2oz, 17oz and 34oz tetra packs.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts