US: Dr Pepper Snapple signs Vita Coco deal
Dr Pepper Snapple expands its range
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is looking to enhance its presence in health and wellness drinks after signing a deal to distribute Vita Coco's all-natural coconut water in the US.
The company confirmed yesterday (8 June) that it will intially distribute Vita Coco in Florida and Georgia, with other states to follow. The soft drinks maker has highlighted consumer trends for health and wellness as a key focus for the company.
Vita Coco is the best-selling fresh coconut water brand in the emerging market for coconut water in the US, according to Merrill Lynch/Bank of America figures.
"Allied brands are an important part of our overall route-to-market strategy, enabling us to enhance our own brand portfolio with strong players like Vita Coco," said Rodger Collins, president of packaged beverages for DPSG.
A spokesperson for Vita Coco told just-drinks that the New York-based company will maintain contracts with distributors in other US states.
"Prior to the Dr Pepper Snapple deal, Vita Coco already had distribution with larger regional distributors like Exclusive Beverage Distributors in New York and Haralambos Beverage Co. on the west coast. That remains unchanged," he said. "Vita Coco also has direct to retail relationships."
DPS will distribute five Vita Coco flavours: 100% pure, pineapple, acai & pomegranate, peach & mango and tangerine. Vita Coco will be available in 11.2oz, 17oz and 34oz tetra packs.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research