US: Dr Pepper Snapple signs Vita Coco deal
Dr Pepper Snapple expands its range
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is looking to enhance its presence in health and wellness drinks after signing a deal to distribute Vita Coco's all-natural coconut water in the US.
The company confirmed yesterday (8 June) that it will intially distribute Vita Coco in Florida and Georgia, with other states to follow. The soft drinks maker has highlighted consumer trends for health and wellness as a key focus for the company.
Vita Coco is the best-selling fresh coconut water brand in the emerging market for coconut water in the US, according to Merrill Lynch/Bank of America figures.
"Allied brands are an important part of our overall route-to-market strategy, enabling us to enhance our own brand portfolio with strong players like Vita Coco," said Rodger Collins, president of packaged beverages for DPSG.
A spokesperson for Vita Coco told just-drinks that the New York-based company will maintain contracts with distributors in other US states.
"Prior to the Dr Pepper Snapple deal, Vita Coco already had distribution with larger regional distributors like Exclusive Beverage Distributors in New York and Haralambos Beverage Co. on the west coast. That remains unchanged," he said. "Vita Coco also has direct to retail relationships."
DPS will distribute five Vita Coco flavours: 100% pure, pineapple, acai & pomegranate, peach & mango and tangerine. Vita Coco will be available in 11.2oz, 17oz and 34oz tetra packs.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets