US: Dr Pepper Snapple listed on S&P 500
Soft drinks group Dr Pepper Snapple will be listed on the respected Standard & Poor's 500 index, in place of chewing gum giant Wrigley.
Dr Pepper Snapple (DPS), a former division of Cadbury Schweppes, will take its place on the index from the start of next week, following news that Wrigley is to be bought out by Mars.
The S&P 500, while not necessarily a guide for sound investment, is generally considered the most prestigious index in the US, after the Dow Jones International Average.
Shares on the S&P 500 plunged yesterday (29 September) upon news that US Congress had rejected a US$700bn bailout for financial markets. Dow Jones suffered one of its largest one-day losses in history.
DPS re-confirmed its full-year earnings per share guidance of at least US$1.65 at an analysts' conference this month.
Proposed new legislation in Scotland aimed at tackling alcohol abuse has sparked huge debate. Chris Losh believes the plans display muddled thinking and fail once again to address the real cultural pr...
One-off charges may have seen Dr Pepper Snapple swing to a loss for its full-year in 2008, but Michelle Russell discovers that analysts and investors remain positive about the soft drinks maker's pros...
The functional soft drinks market looks set for further growth over the next few years, according to a new report from just-drinks. While the recession and competition from other functional foods repr...
Dr Pepper Snapple has reported a net loss of US$312m for 2008, damaged by write-down charges relating to a weakening performance in its fourth quarter....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has launched a flavoured Dr Pepper variant in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the drinks arm of Fortune Brands and owner of Jim Beam, has appointed ex-Cadbury executive Matt Shattock as its new chief executive....
Hansen Beverage Company has signed a three-year deal for its Monster Energy Drink brand to sponsor US festival Fiesta Atlanta....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review