US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group YTD profits rise despite "uncertain" markets
- Nine-month net profits rise by 4.3% to US$459m
- Net sales from January to end of September up by 1.6% to $4.5bn
- Operating profits lift by 6.2% to $800m
- FY net sales growth expected to be around 2%
DPSG revealed a moderate rise in YTD profits and sales
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has reported a single-digit rise in nine-month profits and sales, but warned that the "uncertain economic and cautious consumer environment" it operates in is continuing.
Net profits in the nine months to the end of September rose by 4.3% to US$459m, the US-based soft drinks group said today (24 October). Year-to-date sales were up by 1.6% to $4.5bn.
Operating profits in the same period saw a rise of 6.2% to $800m, reversing a slide in profits in H1.
Third quarter net profits increase by 16.2% to $179m, while sales in the period were flat at $1.53bn. Volume sales in Q3 fell by 3%, with branded volumes down 3% and contract manufacturing volumes sliding 6%.
The group's president & CEO, Larry Young, said: “We continue to operate in an uncertain economic and cautious consumer environment."
Looking ahead, the company said it expects its full-year net sales growth to be around 2% and core EPS to be in the region of $2.90 to $2.98.
To view the company's full announcement, click here.
Meme appears to be the word for a couple of soft drinks companies who are busy embracing the marketing potential of social media....
The boss of Dr Pepper Snapple Group has said he will not let "threats" to the industry over obesity concerns affect the group's volumes. ...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends