Dr Pepper Snapple Group targets US Hispanic market
Pepsico launched Pepsi Limon last month
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) is upping its focus on Hispanic consumers in the US as other soft drinks makers also target the demographic.
In a statement to just-drinks, DPSG said Hispanics are a big and fast-growing segment of the population, "and their buying power is fast-growing as well". The company said it is increasing marketing to Hispanic consumers across several of its brands.
The comments follow PepsiCo's rollout last month of Pepsi Limon, which the company said "was created with (Hispanic) consumer preferences in mind".
DPSG brand Dr Pepper will be a sponsor of the pre-show tour of this year's Premios Juventud awards, which honours Spanish-speaking celebrities and will air on Univision on 16 July. The tour will visit Miami, Los Angeles, San Jose, Houston and Chicago.
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World