US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group signs up to SmartWay Transport Partnership
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has joined the SmartWay Transport Partnership
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has joined the SmartWay Transport Partnership in a bid to improve the environmental performance of its transport operations in the US.
The partnership, a collaboration between the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and industry, aims to reduce greenhouse gases and air pollution. By signing with SmartWay, DPSG will contribute to the partnership's goal to reduce between 33m and 66m metric tons of carbon dioxide per year by 2012, it said late last week.
Tim Gratto, DPSG's vice president of sustainability, said joining the partnership will sit on top of the firm's five-year environmental sustainability goals announced earlier this year.
"We are very proud to join the SmartWay Transport Partnership," Gratto said. "It's a milestone in our ongoing efforts to reduce the environmental impact of manufacturing and delivering our products to our customers and consumers. As part of SmartWay, we're taking meaningful steps to address the impacts of our third-party shipping, as well."
PepsiCo has held on to the top spot in a chart of commercial sponsorship spenders in the US in 2010....
The American Beverage Association (ABA) has elected two members to its board of directors....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China