US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group set for Super Bowl debut
Dr Pepper Snapple Group will advertise its Dr Pepper brand for the first time during live coverage of this year's Super Bowl.
The soft drinks firm has teamed up with US rock group Kiss for the Dr Pepper Cherry advert, which will air in the second quarter of the game and continues the "trust me, I'm a doctor" campaign. Kiss frontman Gene Simmons will play 'Dr Love'.
Last year's Super Bowl, held in February, attracted the largest audience in US television history, with a total 151.6m people estimated to have tuned in.
Demand for advertising space for the 2010 Super Bowl has led to CBS charging around US$3m for a 30-second slot, Leslie Moonves, president and CEO of the CBS media network, said earlier this month.
PepsiCo caused controversy in December by confirming that it would not advertise its drinks during this year's Super Bowl television coverage on CBS.
Super Bowl XLIV will be held on 7 February at Dolphin Stadium in Miami.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets