US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group records nine-month profits rise
- Nine-month net profits increase by 5.8% to US$440m
- Operating profits drop by 0.5% to $753m
- Net sales edge climb by 5.2% to $4.44bn
- Third-quarter net profits rise by 6.9% to $154m
Dr Pepper Snapple Group's nine-month net profits increased by 5.8%
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has posted a 5.8% increase in nine-month net profits to US$154m for the period to the end of September.
The increase, the company said today (26 October), was driven by a Coca-Cola Co licensing agreement and supply chain productivity, offset by higher packaging and ingredient costs.
Operating profit in the period drop slightly, by 0.5% to $753m, while net sales increased by 5.2% to reach $4.44bn.
For the third-quarter, net profits climbed by 6.9% to $154m, while operating profits edged up by 0.4% to $261m. Sales in the period reached $1.53bn, a 4.8% increase on the prior-year period.
"As we continue to operate in challenging times, I remain pleased with the performance of our portfolio,” said DPSG's CEO, Larry Young. “Our rapid continuous improvement efforts are gaining traction across the organisation, and we're beginning to experience meaningful results."
The company said it expects full-year net sales to increase by 3% to 5% and diluted earnings per share to be in the range of $2.70 to $2.78.
Click here to view the earnings release.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd revisits the energy drinks category to see what has been going on in the evolution of what has been the soft drinks industry's star performer in recent years...
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends