US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group reaquires Asia-Pacific distribution
DPSG wants a stronger foothold in the region
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) is to take back the distribution rights to its Snapple brand in key Asia-Pacific markets
The company said today (4 March) it has agreed with current distributor Mondeléz International to reacquire the rights to the juice brand in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea. It will also buy back distribution rights for Mott’s, Mr & Mrs T, Clamato, Mistic, Holland House and Yoo-hoo brands in Australia, the company said.
“Obtaining the distribution rights to Snapple and other brands in Asia-Pacific gives us a foothold in a growing market that we can tap for future development,” said Jim Johnston, DPSG's president for beverage concentrates and Latin America beverages.
No financial details have been disclosed.
On Friday, DPSG said it bought Nevada bottler Dr Pepper/7-UP Bottling Company of the West.
Companies: Dr Pepper Snapple Group
Struggling sales for diet soft drinks should see a new wave of innovation break over the category. Tom Vierhile reports....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends