US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group reaquires Asia-Pacific distribution
DPSG wants a stronger foothold in the region
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) is to take back the distribution rights to its Snapple brand in key Asia-Pacific markets
The company said today (4 March) it has agreed with current distributor Mondeléz International to reacquire the rights to the juice brand in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea. It will also buy back distribution rights for Mott’s, Mr & Mrs T, Clamato, Mistic, Holland House and Yoo-hoo brands in Australia, the company said.
“Obtaining the distribution rights to Snapple and other brands in Asia-Pacific gives us a foothold in a growing market that we can tap for future development,” said Jim Johnston, DPSG's president for beverage concentrates and Latin America beverages.
No financial details have been disclosed.
On Friday, DPSG said it bought Nevada bottler Dr Pepper/7-UP Bottling Company of the West.
Struggling sales for diet soft drinks should see a new wave of innovation break over the category. Tom Vierhile reports....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group formed after the company was spun off from its parent Cadbury Schweppes in 2008. It brings together the former Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc, Snapple Beverage Group, Mott’s LLP and Be...
Soft Drinks in Colombia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The p...
Juices in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains description...
Juices in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains ...
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit
- DS Services lines up ex-Pernod Ricard exec as COO