US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group launches 7UP ad campaign
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has launched a US campaign for its 7UP soft drinks brand featuring actor and comedian Brad Garrett.
The "Ridiculously Bubbly" advertising campaign features Garrett at a sidewalk cafe turning from "Mr. Grumpers" into "an effervescent free spirit", running through the streets after a sip of 7UP, the company said today (12 October).
"By choosing the most un-bubbly of people, we've put 7UP to its toughest test," said Dave Falk, director of marketing for 7UP.
The campaign, developed by Y&R San Francisco, begins airing today on network and cable television stations nationwide. Continuing into 2010, the ad campaign will feature more well-known US personalities.
DPSG acquired distribution company Seven-UP Bottling Co of Sheboygan, Wisconsin, earlier this year for an undisclosed fee.
Jones Soda shares dropped 40% in morning trading today (9 March) on the news that Reed's is to acquire the fellow US-based soft drinks group in a share and cash merger deal....
The challenging economic environment combined with Jones Soda's current capitalisation has made it extremely difficult for the firm to continue to operate on a standalone basis. Michelle Russell looks...
Investment bank UBS has upgraded Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) to buy from neutral, saying that it doesn't believe the market is fully valuing strong fundamentals for the business....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk