US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group launches 7UP ad campaign
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has launched a US campaign for its 7UP soft drinks brand featuring actor and comedian Brad Garrett.
The "Ridiculously Bubbly" advertising campaign features Garrett at a sidewalk cafe turning from "Mr. Grumpers" into "an effervescent free spirit", running through the streets after a sip of 7UP, the company said today (12 October).
"By choosing the most un-bubbly of people, we've put 7UP to its toughest test," said Dave Falk, director of marketing for 7UP.
The campaign, developed by Y&R San Francisco, begins airing today on network and cable television stations nationwide. Continuing into 2010, the ad campaign will feature more well-known US personalities.
DPSG acquired distribution company Seven-UP Bottling Co of Sheboygan, Wisconsin, earlier this year for an undisclosed fee.
Jones Soda shares dropped 40% in morning trading today (9 March) on the news that Reed's is to acquire the fellow US-based soft drinks group in a share and cash merger deal....
The challenging economic environment combined with Jones Soda's current capitalisation has made it extremely difficult for the firm to continue to operate on a standalone basis. Michelle Russell looks...
Investment bank UBS has upgraded Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) to buy from neutral, saying that it doesn't believe the market is fully valuing strong fundamentals for the business....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit
- DS Services lines up ex-Pernod Ricard exec as COO