US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group H1 profits jump as sales rise
- H1 net profits leap by 40% to US$365m
- Net sales in six months to end of June inch up 1% to $3.03bn
- Operating profits also jump, by 26% to $608m
- Q2 net profits up 35% to $210m
- Net sales in three months to end of June increase 1% $1.63bn
- Operating profits climb 22% to $348m
- Bottler case sales volumes were flat in H1 and up 1% in Q2
DPSG released its H1 results today
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has posted a big jump in half-year profits as sales increased slightly.
The company said today (24 July) that favourable cost-of-goods trends, planned lower marketing investments and “ongoing productivity improvements” were behind the profits increases.
DPSG chief executive & president Larry Young said: “We’ve posted strong results in a tough environment. We’re gaining distribution and availability across our key brands and packages while increasing our presence in single-serve and building our brands with innovative and targeted marketing programs.”
Looking ahead, the company said it continues to expect full-year reported net sales to be flat to up by 1%.
In pre-market trading, DPSG's share price was up 0.79%.
For a deeper analysis of the company's half-year performance, click here.
Click here for coverage of Dr Pepper Snapple's post-results conference call.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and se...
Synopsis Canadean's "Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...
Dr Pepper Snapple Group seeks to “capture growth by continuing to focus on key consumer trends” according to its February 2012 CAGNY presentation. The company will focus on the “marketplace of many” -...
Dr Pepper Snapple Group formed after the company was spun off from its parent Cadbury Schweppes in 2008. It brings together the former Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc, Snapple Beverage Group, Mott’s LLP and Be...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report