US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group dips in Q2 but future is brighter - analysts
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is in line for a Q3 Snapple boost, say analysts
Dr Pepper Snapple Group's Q2 sales volumes dipped under expectations, but analysts are remaining optimistic about full-year results.
The Texas-based soft drinks maker posted a 2.1% drop in H1 net profit, with net sales climbing 2.4% yesterday (26 July). But although Q2 bottler case sales fell by 1%, analysts Stifel Nicolaus said the company will soon bounce back helped by Snapple sales and easier comparables.
“Noncarbonated volume is likely to return to positive in 3Q (third quarter) after declining mid single-digits for the last year,” the anlysts said in a note. “Snapple's laps ease considerably in Q3, and the company laps double-digit percentage price increases in juices in Q3.”
Meanwhile, analysts Bernstein Research praised DPSG's expense control, as operating margins came in higher than expected, despite low gross margins and increased marketing costs.
DPSG CEO Larry Young said yesterday the company will increase marketing by US$15m this year compared to last year, and add a further US$15m next year.
As we welcome in the new year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2013 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research