US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group CFO lines up retirement
The CFO of Dr Pepper Snapple Group has decided to take early retirement.
John Stewart, who also holds the post of executive vice president, will step down at the end of March next year, the company announced today (27 October).
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) said it will conduct an external search for his replacement, with Stewart set to help in his successor's transition.
"John has played a critical role in our successful business transformation from a subsidiary to a publicly traded company," said DPSG's president and CEO, Larry Young. "He has built a strong and highly effective finance and IT organization and has led significant improvements in our systems and controls. All of us at Dr Pepper Snapple thank John for his lasting contributions to our great business."
Stewart, 51, has held the post since November 2006. Prior to joining the company, he was senior vice president and CFO at Diageo North America.
Jones Soda shares dropped 40% in morning trading today (9 March) on the news that Reed's is to acquire the fellow US-based soft drinks group in a share and cash merger deal....
The challenging economic environment combined with Jones Soda's current capitalisation has made it extremely difficult for the firm to continue to operate on a standalone basis. Michelle Russell looks...
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has launched an advertising campaign for Iron Man 2 in the US that will feature the creator of the character, Stan Lee....
Investment bank UBS has upgraded Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) to buy from neutral, saying that it doesn't believe the market is fully valuing strong fundamentals for the business....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk