US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group calls for CSD "reinvigoration" as FY rises, just
- Full-year net profits inch up by 3.8% to US$629m
- Net sales in 2012 come in flat, up by 1.6% to $6.0bn
- Operating profits rise by 6.6% to 1.09bn
- Total volumes slip by 2% in FY, CSDs flat
Dr Pepper Snapple Group posted its full-year results earlier today
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has said that the carbonated soft drinks segment needs "reinvigorating", after it posted a slight lift in its full-year numbers.
The US-based soft drinks firm said earlier today (13 February) that net profits in the 12 months of 2012 came in 3.8% up on the corresponding period a year ago, at US$629m. Net sales in 2012 inched up by 1.6% to $6.0bn, as operating profits increased by 6.6% to 1.09bn.
However, total volumes in the full-year dipped by 2%, with CSDs coming in flat.
For the last three months of 2012, net profits were up by 2.4% at $170m on the back of a 1.6% rise in sales, to $1.48bn. Operating profits performed batter, increasing by 7.8% to $292m.
Company president & CEO Larry Young said: "Moving forward, nothing is more important than reinvigorating the CSD category and giving lapsed consumers a reason to come back to the brands they know and love."
Young also took the opportunity to highlight the company's recently-launched Ten range as offering growth for the future.
"These products have been well-received by both consumers and our retail and bottling partners and, collectively with Dr Pepper Ten, give us great confidence that we can bring excitement and lapsed users back to the category.”
Looking to 2013, DPSG said it expects to deliver full-year net sales growth of around 3%.
The company's share price opened down this morning, slipping by 6.4% to $42.48 at 0933 EST.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China