US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group buys Reno bottler
DPSG is seeking strong routes to market
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has acquired a Nevada bottler as it continues its efforts to strengthen its distribution routes in the US.
The company bought D Pepper/7-UP Bottling Company of the West for an undisclosed sum, DPSG said today (1 March). Reno-based Dr Pepper/7UP-West serves northern Nevada as well as parts of northern and western California and Idaho, DPSG said.
“Since 2006, DPSG has acquired a number of bottling businesses to strengthen our route to market in the US and support efforts to build and enhance our leading brands,” said Rodger Collins, DPSG's packaged beverages president.
Dr Pepper/7UP-West distributes Dr Pepper, Snapple, 7UP, Sunkist soda, A&W and RC Cola, as well as several DPSG-allied brands, including Fiji, Neuro, Rockstar and Vita Coco, the company said.
Last month, an analyst warned that DPSG's major push for its new low-calorie Ten range risks "cannibalising" its full-calorie products.
Struggling sales for diet soft drinks should see a new wave of innovation break over the category. Tom Vierhile reports....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group formed after the company was spun off from its parent Cadbury Schweppes in 2008. It brings together the former Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc, Snapple Beverage Group, Mott’s LLP and Be...
Soft Drinks in Colombia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The p...
Juices in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains description...
Juices in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains ...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research