US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group buys Reno bottler
DPSG is seeking strong routes to market
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has acquired a Nevada bottler as it continues its efforts to strengthen its distribution routes in the US.
The company bought D Pepper/7-UP Bottling Company of the West for an undisclosed sum, DPSG said today (1 March). Reno-based Dr Pepper/7UP-West serves northern Nevada as well as parts of northern and western California and Idaho, DPSG said.
“Since 2006, DPSG has acquired a number of bottling businesses to strengthen our route to market in the US and support efforts to build and enhance our leading brands,” said Rodger Collins, DPSG's packaged beverages president.
Dr Pepper/7UP-West distributes Dr Pepper, Snapple, 7UP, Sunkist soda, A&W and RC Cola, as well as several DPSG-allied brands, including Fiji, Neuro, Rockstar and Vita Coco, the company said.
Last month, an analyst warned that DPSG's major push for its new low-calorie Ten range risks "cannibalising" its full-calorie products.
Struggling sales for diet soft drinks should see a new wave of innovation break over the category. Tom Vierhile reports....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends