US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group buys Reno bottler
DPSG is seeking strong routes to market
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has acquired a Nevada bottler as it continues its efforts to strengthen its distribution routes in the US.
The company bought D Pepper/7-UP Bottling Company of the West for an undisclosed sum, DPSG said today (1 March). Reno-based Dr Pepper/7UP-West serves northern Nevada as well as parts of northern and western California and Idaho, DPSG said.
“Since 2006, DPSG has acquired a number of bottling businesses to strengthen our route to market in the US and support efforts to build and enhance our leading brands,” said Rodger Collins, DPSG's packaged beverages president.
Dr Pepper/7UP-West distributes Dr Pepper, Snapple, 7UP, Sunkist soda, A&W and RC Cola, as well as several DPSG-allied brands, including Fiji, Neuro, Rockstar and Vita Coco, the company said.
Last month, an analyst warned that DPSG's major push for its new low-calorie Ten range risks "cannibalising" its full-calorie products.
Struggling sales for diet soft drinks should see a new wave of innovation break over the category. Tom Vierhile reports....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group formed after the company was spun off from its parent Cadbury Schweppes in 2008. It brings together the former Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc, Snapple Beverage Group, Mott’s LLP and Be...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report