US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group appoints CFO
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has appointed Martin Ellen as executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Effective from 1 April, Ellen will succeed John Stewart, who last year announced his plans to retire on 31 March 2010.
Ellen will be responsible for the soft drinks firm's finance and IT organisations and will report to Larry Young, president and CEO.
In addition to a strong background in finance, Ellen will bring experience in franchising, operations and the beverage industry to the role, said the firm yesterday (16 February).
He previously spent eight years as senior vice president of finance and CFO of Snap-on Incorporated, a tools and software firm.
He also served as CFO for Whitman Corporation, which previously owned Pepsi Cola General Bottlers.
"Marty's extensive public company experience and involvement in strategy and operations, as well as finance, will bring valuable perspective to our executive leadership team as we continue to build on DPS's position as the industry leader in flavored beverages," Young said.
Earlier this month, the firm declared a quarterly dividend of $0.15 per share on the company's common stock.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research