US: Dr Pepper Snapple Group appoints CFO
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has appointed Martin Ellen as executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Effective from 1 April, Ellen will succeed John Stewart, who last year announced his plans to retire on 31 March 2010.
Ellen will be responsible for the soft drinks firm's finance and IT organisations and will report to Larry Young, president and CEO.
In addition to a strong background in finance, Ellen will bring experience in franchising, operations and the beverage industry to the role, said the firm yesterday (16 February).
He previously spent eight years as senior vice president of finance and CFO of Snap-on Incorporated, a tools and software firm.
He also served as CFO for Whitman Corporation, which previously owned Pepsi Cola General Bottlers.
"Marty's extensive public company experience and involvement in strategy and operations, as well as finance, will bring valuable perspective to our executive leadership team as we continue to build on DPS's position as the industry leader in flavored beverages," Young said.
Earlier this month, the firm declared a quarterly dividend of $0.15 per share on the company's common stock.
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research