US: Dr Pepper Snapple announces share repurchase
Dr Pepper Snapple has now authorised $2bn of share repurchases
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has announced a repurchase of an additional US$1bn of its common stock over the next three years.
In total, the company has now authorised $2bn of share repurchases of which $1.45bn remains outstanding, DPSG said today (13 July).
"With a focus on organic growth, continued strong free cash flow generation and the expected license payment from The Coca-Cola Co, we remain committed to returning excess cash to our shareholders," said company president and CEO, Larry Young.
Last month, the company secured a $715m payment from Coca-Cola as the two firms agreed a distribution deal in the US and Canada.
The second round-up in our Review of the Year series sees Ben Cooper consider a busy 12 months for our soft drink brethren....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2010....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2010....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014