US: Dr Pepper launches Marvel's Avengers collectible cans
Dr Pepper has joined forces with The Avengers
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has unveiled collectible Dr Pepper cans in the US, featuring Marvel's The Avengers ahead of the comic super-heroes' summer movie.
The cans, available across the US, feature members of The Avengers, each in a specific pose. The eight cans can be put side-by-side to produce a panorama of the Marvel heroes, who will star in Walt Disney Pictures' Avengers Assemble, opening in the country on 4 May.
The promotional campaign will also feature an online game and a new commercial. The online game, which links with social media sites, can be played on the Dr Pepper website.
In February, DPSG posted a full-year net profit rise of 14.8%.
Click play, below, to view the TV ad for the cans.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo says progress is surprisingly slow in the soft drinks market's flavour mix, as cola and orange continue to dominate ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer