US: Dr Pepper launches Marvel's Avengers collectible cans
Dr Pepper has joined forces with The Avengers
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPSG) has unveiled collectible Dr Pepper cans in the US, featuring Marvel's The Avengers ahead of the comic super-heroes' summer movie.
The cans, available across the US, feature members of The Avengers, each in a specific pose. The eight cans can be put side-by-side to produce a panorama of the Marvel heroes, who will star in Walt Disney Pictures' Avengers Assemble, opening in the country on 4 May.
The promotional campaign will also feature an online game and a new commercial. The online game, which links with social media sites, can be played on the Dr Pepper website.
In February, DPSG posted a full-year net profit rise of 14.8%.
Click play, below, to view the TV ad for the cans.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo says progress is surprisingly slow in the soft drinks market's flavour mix, as cola and orange continue to dominate ...
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US