US: Dr Pepper in athletics sponsorship deal
Soft drinks brand Dr Pepper is to become the official soft drink of the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) in the US following the signing of a sponsorship deal between brand-owner Cadbury Schweppes and the sports body.
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB) has entered into a two-year deal that will see CSAB work with the AAU and amateur sporting events estimated to attract over 70m participants and spectators throughout the US each year.
"The AAU is an organisation that for more than a century has opened pathways for young athletes looking to bring their game to a higher level in a wide range of sports," said Gil Cassagne, CSAB president and CEO, himself a former amateur wrestler. "We are very proud to support the AAU and its ongoing mission to promote good sportsmanship, citizenship and fitness."
Robert Paul Sign, chairman of the board of the AAU Global Foundation, said: "We are excited about the value Dr Pepper is bringing to AAU. Dr Pepper is playing a vital role in helping us develop and cultivate current and future generations of outstanding athletes to carry on the tradition of excellence in American amateur sports."
Cadbury-Schweppes has insisted that the disposal of its European soft drinks businesses is not indicative of a move away from soft drinks, but analysts see the group focusing increasingly on confectio...
Population growth in developing markets and the overall demand for healthier products are key factors offering growth for the juices and nectars category, according to a report recently published by j...
Cadbury Schweppes has agreed to sell its European beverages business....
PepsiCo has refused to comment on reports linking the company with a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' soft drink business....
The European arm of drinks group Cadbury Schweppes is expected to be sold next month for around GBP1.1bn ($1.9bn), according to press reports....
UK-based soft drinks to sweets group Cadbury Schweppes has issued a trading update ahead of an investor seminar to be held in Dallas, Texas on 10 and 11 October....
Cadbury Schweppes is moving ever closer to selling off its European soft drinks business, according to German press reports....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends