US: Dr Pepper hit by innovation trend
Cadbury Schweppes wants bottlers to concentrate on Dr Pepper instead of the flurry of innovation brands, such as Vanilla Coke, which it says have failed to boost sales in the market. Dow Jones reported that Rick Wach, senior vice president of marketing at Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc, told the annual Dr Pepper bottler meeting that: "We see the Dr Pepper crown jewel being squeezed out by innovation."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down