US: Dr Pepper brings first 'advergame' to iPhone
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages has lined up an 'advergame' for the recently-launched iPhone.
The company said today (5 November) that Matchcaps will be accessible through the 'phone's Safari browser, and will not, therefore, require any downloading. Apple said last week that it will distribute kits to third-party application developers in February. The use of Safari, therefore, makes Matchcaps the first advergame designed specifically for the iPhone, Cadbury Schweppes claimed.
"Consumers want enhanced access to fun and games on their iPhones, and Dr Pepper will be the very first to deliver it to them," said Andrew Springate, vice president of Dr Pepper marketing. "With the launch of this advergame, Dr Pepper can interact virtually with its consumers anytime, anywhere through their iPhones."
The game, which follows the 'match three' format, can be accessed at www.drpepper.com/matchcaps.
Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages has begun a marketing stunt for its 7UP soft drinks brand, aligned with recent UFO sightings across Florida in the US....
Cadbury Schweppes has received the go-ahead from shareholders to demerge its North American drinks business....
Cadbury Schweppes has issued a first quarter trading update, whilst maintaining that the demerger of its US soft drinks business remains on schedule....
The former president and COO of Coca-Cola Bottling Philadelphia has joined the board of Skinny Nutrional Corp. in the US....
Cadbury Schweppes has appointed four new members to the board of directors of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, its US beverages subsidiary, including the former Coca-Cola COO Jack Stahl. The other appointment...
Cadbury Schweppes has outlined plans to split its shares following the proposed demerger of its US soft drinks business, which is due to complete in May....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Newer beverage lines continue to drive growth in the US soft drink market, which enlarged by 1.3% in 2007, according to figures released this week....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts