UK: Double delight for Morrison Bowmore
Despite registering a loss of £330,000 loss on a joint venture in Uruguay, Morrison Bowmore recorded a profit of £948,000 compared with £480,000 the year before. However, turnover fell by 17% to £34m as the company cut back on trading in bulk whisky stocks.
Morrison Bowmore CEO, Mike Keiller, said the company's flagship brand, Bowmore, showed strong growth in every global market except duty free. This sector suffered a severe slowdown after September 11 but has subsequently rallied as the business and leisure travel sectors have recovered. In its other main markets - the UK, France and the US - Bowmore saw double-digit growth, compensating for depressed duty free sales.
Morrison Bowmore, owned by the Japanese group, Suntory, also reported that its other single malt brands, Auchentoshan, Glen Garioch and McClelland's, were also making steady progress.
Spirits company Blavod Extreme Spirits and the Japanese drinks group Suntory recently announced the formation of a joint venture to develop and market new spirits brands. Chris Brook-Carter spoke with...
Suntory is to construct a new soft drinks facility in Japan....
Suntory has failed to declare JPY760m (US$6.5m) in taxable income for a four-year period ending December 2003, according to local reports....
Skyy Spirits has secured US distribution rights for a stable of brands owned by Japan's Suntory....
Suntory International Corp. is to release three types of shochu in the US....
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Blavod Extreme Spirits has agreed to form a joint venture company with Suntory International Corp, the US subsidiary of Suntory Limited. ...
Suntory Ltd is to suspend sales of its Bubbleman Soda Jet soft drink....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends