CANADA: Double D adds to energy drinks stable
Double D Beverage is upping its offering in its domestic market.
The Canadian soft drinks company has unveiled a green tea energy drink to join its Beaver Buzz brand in the country. Premium Buzz Green Tea Energy will be the first green tea energy drink available in Canada, as well as the country's first non-carbonated energy drink, the company said yesterday (5 March).
"The early feedback indicates that Buzz Green Tea might just emerge as our best selling beverage," said Richard DeBanks, president and CEO, of Double D. "Buzz Green Tea will be packaged in the Rexam 355ml sleek which I think is the perfect showcase for this product."
The green tea contains taurine, guarana seed extract, panax ginseng root extract, vitamins B6, B12, and C and 102 mg of green tea extract. It is sweetened with honey and cane sugar, and will be available for C$2.49 (US$2.11).
Double D was formed in May 2005.
Premiumisation, health concerns and demographic shifts are likely to be among the key factors influencing the strategies of beverage alcohol companies over the next five years, according to a report f...
Red Bull has taken a hammering from a consumer magazine in Germany....
The American Beverage Association has declared that it spent almost US$200,000 lobbying the federal government in the US in the first half of this year....
The chief legal officers from 29 states have united to condemn alcoholic energy drinks....
Boo Koo Holdings has appointed two new members to its board of directors....
Thai Beverage has posted a drop in Q2 net profit due to recent marketing expenses, but has secured a bank loan to cover costs for the year....
Leading Brands has freed up just under US$10m for the marketing of its drinks brands....
Hansen Natural Corporation will not face any enforcement action from the US Securities and Exchange Commission, following an investigation into the company's historical stock option granting practices...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future