US: Dos Equis searches for Most Interesting Man assistant
Dos Equis is launching an irreverent marketing campaign in the US, to find a new assistant for the Most Interesting Man (MIM) in the World.
The national search will kick-off tomorrow (23 April) and will look to replace the MIM's former assistant, Steve, who was "killed in the line of duty".
"Dos Equis prides itself on being the most interesting beer on the market today," said Lisa Pfenning, Dos Equis brand director. "Now we are looking to find an individual who brings to life that "interesting" quality that Dos Equis and the Most Interesting Man in the World embody and bring honour to all assistants around the world."
To commemorate and honour Steve, who met his demise in an "unfortunate archery accident", a New Orleans style funeral procession will take place in Austin, Texas later this week, to mark the start of a year-long search for the MIM's new assistant.
In support of the assistant search, new advertising for the MIM campaign developed by advertising agency Euro RSCG New York launched earlier this month, featuring new Dos Equis television, print, radio, digital and out-of-home ads.
The advertising highlights the MIM and his advice on topics such as cologne, conversation, life and grooming. In a new ad "On Life," the MIM says, "It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary."
The new creative executions, which include seven TV ads and three radio spots, build upon the Dos Equis MIM advertising campaign that initially launched in 2007.
Heineken and Efes Breweries International have confirmed further details of their joint-venture in Serbia, and the closure of one of their breweries in the country....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Carlsberg has said it is cutting back on short-term investment because of financial market instability....
Foster's Wine Estates has announced the appointment of Shawn Schiffer as vice president of National Retail Accounts....
A poor financial climate means Australian drinks group Foster's might be forced to wait to unload its troubled wine division....
Chile's largest brewer, Compañía Cervecerías Unidas (CCU), has said that volumes have increased by 12% in the first nine months of its financial year....
Heineken has received unconditional approval from the Irish Competition Authority for its acquisition of Beamish & Crawford....
Asia Pacific Breweries has appointed a new deputy regional director....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US