US: Dos Equis and Mojo HD join forces for TV series
Dos Equis and high definition channel Mojo HD are joining forces to create an original series together inspired by the brewer's 'Most Interesting Man in the World' ad campaign.
To air in September, the series, hosted by Shanon Cook, will travel to "exotic and unusual" locations to film five half-hour episodes, the brewer said today (12 June).
Dos Equis' ad campaign is based around the insights and lifestyle of The Most Interesting Man in The World, a charismatic, fictional spokes-character. Last month, Dos Equis announced that Steve, his fictional assistant "died tragically in the course of his duties".
Throughout the year, Dos Equis will search for his replacement through in-bar events, online, print and radio. The Mojo program will complement the campaign as it travels worldwide to discover candidates who possess those rare qualities that could make them eligible for the position.
Led by Cook, potential assistants will engage in a number of entertaining challenges - testing their intelligence, physical endurance, patience, social graces and good humour, in order to find a replacement for Steve.
"The Mojo HD series is the perfect extension of The Most Interesting Man in the World campaign," said Kheri Holland Tillman, vice president of marketing for Dos Equis. "The series will bring to life the character and core attributes of the Dos Equis MIM campaign, so our consumers will have the opportunity to engage with the brand in a new way. We are taking an all-encompassing and through-the-line approach to the campaign this year, and the Mojo HD program is an innovative and exciting component."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets