US: Dorfman to step down at Brown-Forman
US wine and spirits group Brown-Forman has announced that its chief winery officer Steve Dorfman is to step down from his post, after 25 years' service.
Brown-Forman has appointed Tim Nall, currently director of the company's processing and bottling operations, as general manager of its winery operations, with effect from 1 June. The company said that Nall will oversee the full integration of Brown-Forman's winery operations into its Global Production Organization.
Dorfman joined Fetzer Vineyards as a winemaker in 1982 and stayed with the company after its acquisition by Brown-Forman in 1992, working initially in grower relations and later becoming head of Brown-Forman's Wine Estates Group. Since 2003, he has been responsible for the company's overall wine production as chief winery officer.
Dorfman will remain with the company until 30 June to assist with the transition.
While growth in Irish whiskey has been fostered by Pernod Ricard and latterly Diageo, the category's progress has also allowed independent producer Cooley Distillery to expand. In this month's just-dr...
Brown-Forman's Southern Comfort brand takes its New Orleans heritage very seriously, and in Phil Cusimano, appointed as global brand ambassador six months ago, now has a native New Orleaner as its pri...
The Indian spirits sector has undoubted growth potential, on the back of a growing economy, an expanding middle class and rising disposable income but international companies face many obstacles as th...
Double digit growth of the company's leading spirits brands helped Brown-Forman Corporation report record earnings for its full year....
Brown-Forman has announced details of its quarterly dividend payment....
US spirits and wines group Brown-Forman has appointed Matthew Hamel as its general counsel, with effect from 30 October....
Two former senior drinks executives have set up a new company in the US and bought a vodka brand. Mark Teasdale, formerly MD of William Grant and Sons North America, and Michael Cheek, who was previou...
Rémy Cointreau has confirmed that it is looking for new deals in readiness for its exit from Maxxium....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets