Product Launch- EUROPE/CANADA: Dopff & Irion's Double Impact
Click through to view an image of the product
Dopff & Irion's Double Impact
Category - Wine, Alsace, Riesling/Pinot Gris blend, 12.5% abv
Available - From now
Location - Europe, Canada; off-trade
Price - EUR9.95, CAD18.95
Distribution - Varies, but Bellwether Wines in the UK
Alsace producer Dopff & Irion has launched a Riesling and Pinot Gris blend called Double Impact.
The 12.5% abv wine is being heralded as a departure for Alsace producers, most known for their single varietals. The first vintage to be released will be the 2011.
"The production of varietal wines is a relatively modern development in the history of Alsace, and by blending the fresh and mineral Riesling with the rounder, fuller Pinot Gris we have created a harmonious wine of exceptional balance and finesse," said Dopff & Irion MD Frédéric Raynaud, who is also head of the company's parent group Chateaux & Terroirs.
Double Impact's "distincitve" and "modern" sky blue bottle design is aimed at 25-35 year-olds, he added.
The product's launch into exports markets was officially announced at Vinexpo in Bordeaux this week.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018