Product Launch- EUROPE/CANADA: Dopff & Irion's Double Impact
Click through to view an image of the product
Dopff & Irion's Double Impact
Category - Wine, Alsace, Riesling/Pinot Gris blend, 12.5% abv
Available - From now
Location - Europe, Canada; off-trade
Price - EUR9.95, CAD18.95
Distribution - Varies, but Bellwether Wines in the UK
Alsace producer Dopff & Irion has launched a Riesling and Pinot Gris blend called Double Impact.
The 12.5% abv wine is being heralded as a departure for Alsace producers, most known for their single varietals. The first vintage to be released will be the 2011.
"The production of varietal wines is a relatively modern development in the history of Alsace, and by blending the fresh and mineral Riesling with the rounder, fuller Pinot Gris we have created a harmonious wine of exceptional balance and finesse," said Dopff & Irion MD Frédéric Raynaud, who is also head of the company's parent group Chateaux & Terroirs.
Double Impact's "distincitve" and "modern" sky blue bottle design is aimed at 25-35 year-olds, he added.
The product's launch into exports markets was officially announced at Vinexpo in Bordeaux this week.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets