Product Launch- EUROPE/CANADA: Dopff & Irion's Double Impact
Click through to view an image of the product
Dopff & Irion's Double Impact
Category - Wine, Alsace, Riesling/Pinot Gris blend, 12.5% abv
Available - From now
Location - Europe, Canada; off-trade
Price - EUR9.95, CAD18.95
Distribution - Varies, but Bellwether Wines in the UK
Alsace producer Dopff & Irion has launched a Riesling and Pinot Gris blend called Double Impact.
The 12.5% abv wine is being heralded as a departure for Alsace producers, most known for their single varietals. The first vintage to be released will be the 2011.
"The production of varietal wines is a relatively modern development in the history of Alsace, and by blending the fresh and mineral Riesling with the rounder, fuller Pinot Gris we have created a harmonious wine of exceptional balance and finesse," said Dopff & Irion MD Frédéric Raynaud, who is also head of the company's parent group Chateaux & Terroirs.
Double Impact's "distincitve" and "modern" sky blue bottle design is aimed at 25-35 year-olds, he added.
The product's launch into exports markets was officially announced at Vinexpo in Bordeaux this week.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research