Product Launch- EUROPE/CANADA: Dopff & Irion's Double Impact
Click through to view an image of the product
Dopff & Irion's Double Impact
Category - Wine, Alsace, Riesling/Pinot Gris blend, 12.5% abv
Available - From now
Location - Europe, Canada; off-trade
Price - EUR9.95, CAD18.95
Distribution - Varies, but Bellwether Wines in the UK
Alsace producer Dopff & Irion has launched a Riesling and Pinot Gris blend called Double Impact.
The 12.5% abv wine is being heralded as a departure for Alsace producers, most known for their single varietals. The first vintage to be released will be the 2011.
"The production of varietal wines is a relatively modern development in the history of Alsace, and by blending the fresh and mineral Riesling with the rounder, fuller Pinot Gris we have created a harmonious wine of exceptional balance and finesse," said Dopff & Irion MD Frédéric Raynaud, who is also head of the company's parent group Chateaux & Terroirs.
Double Impact's "distincitve" and "modern" sky blue bottle design is aimed at 25-35 year-olds, he added.
The product's launch into exports markets was officially announced at Vinexpo in Bordeaux this week.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends