Product Launch- EUROPE/CANADA: Dopff & Irion's Double Impact
Click through to view an image of the product
Dopff & Irion's Double Impact
Category - Wine, Alsace, Riesling/Pinot Gris blend, 12.5% abv
Available - From now
Location - Europe, Canada; off-trade
Price - EUR9.95, CAD18.95
Distribution - Varies, but Bellwether Wines in the UK
Alsace producer Dopff & Irion has launched a Riesling and Pinot Gris blend called Double Impact.
The 12.5% abv wine is being heralded as a departure for Alsace producers, most known for their single varietals. The first vintage to be released will be the 2011.
"The production of varietal wines is a relatively modern development in the history of Alsace, and by blending the fresh and mineral Riesling with the rounder, fuller Pinot Gris we have created a harmonious wine of exceptional balance and finesse," said Dopff & Irion MD Frédéric Raynaud, who is also head of the company's parent group Chateaux & Terroirs.
Double Impact's "distincitve" and "modern" sky blue bottle design is aimed at 25-35 year-olds, he added.
The product's launch into exports markets was officially announced at Vinexpo in Bordeaux this week.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research