UK: Doom Bar beer to sponsor Boat Race
Sharp's Brewery has signed a deal for its Doom Bar beer to become an official partner of this year's Boat Race between the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Sharp's said yesterday (24 March) that Doom Bar has signed a three-year deal with organisers of the Boat Race, which takes place annually on the Thames river and will be held this year on 29 March.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Around 250,000 spectators are expected to attend this year's race and Sharp's has produced a map detailing pubs and bars stocking Doom Bar along the route.
Sales of Doom Bar rose by 30% in 2008, Cornwall-based Sharp's said.
The rise comes against a UK beer market down 5.5% last year, with a 10% decline in the on-trade, according to British Beer and Pub Association figures.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future