UK: Doom Bar beer to sponsor Boat Race
Sharp's Brewery has signed a deal for its Doom Bar beer to become an official partner of this year's Boat Race between the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Sharp's said yesterday (24 March) that Doom Bar has signed a three-year deal with organisers of the Boat Race, which takes place annually on the Thames river and will be held this year on 29 March.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Around 250,000 spectators are expected to attend this year's race and Sharp's has produced a map detailing pubs and bars stocking Doom Bar along the route.
Sales of Doom Bar rose by 30% in 2008, Cornwall-based Sharp's said.
The rise comes against a UK beer market down 5.5% last year, with a 10% decline in the on-trade, according to British Beer and Pub Association figures.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review