US: Don Sebastiani & Sons wines get makeover
Don Sebastiani & Sons is repositioning its two largest volume brands in the US, Smoking Loon and Pepperwood Grove, with the launch of "dramatic" new designs for their packaging.
The Smoking Loon label will comprise a bold logo against a yellow background as the focal point. The loon stamp has been sized down and the detailed border at the top and bottom of the label has been redesigned to "add depth to the overall look".
The Pepperwood Grove label will continue to feature green tones to "preserve its brand identity", but its logo will be refreshed with the addition of copper foil. "International Wine Negociant" will be added to the front label to credit its sourcing of fruit from global appellations.
"These are our two most established labels, each has broad distribution, and each has made millions of consumer impressions," said company marketing director Donny Sebastiani. "With respect for each brands' established identity, we were careful to integrate many of the familiar design elements of each."
In addition to the updated labels, both brands' retail feature price points will move up by about a dollar in most markets, the company said.
The new wines are expected to begin appearing on US shelves this month.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future