US: Don Sebastiani & Sons launches MooBuzz label
Don Sebastiani & Sons has launched an additional wine brand in the US, using "super-premium Burgundy grape varieties" from the Sonoma coast of California.
The family-owned wine company said yesterday (21 January) that its new label, named MooBuzz, will be available in Chardonnay and Pinot Noir varietals.
Don Sebastiani marketing director Don Sebastiani Jr said: "We have been able to secure tremendous fruit that showcases both the unique terroir of the rocky soils and cool climates in this region, as well as the talents of our winemakers, Richard Bruno and Greg Kitchens."
The launch is in line with the company's plans to "trade its business up into higher-priced appellation-specific wines", with elements of its packaging and marketing designed to specifically appeal to the high-end of the US on- and off-trade. The wines will be marketed as a part of The Other Guys portfolio, the company added.
The 2006 MooBuzz Pinot Noir will retail at US$25, while MooBuzz Chardonnay will retail at $20.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts