BRAZIL: Domestic volumes leap drives AmBev in H1
- Profits climb by 6.6% in H1
- Brazilian volumes soar by 12.6%
- Price increases credited with helping Q2 figures
AmBev's domestic volumes drove the impressive figures for H1
The Brazil-based unit of Anheuser-Busch InBev, Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (Ambev) has posted a strong set of results for the first half of this year.
The brewer, which dominates is domestic market, said earlier today (12 August) that profits for the six months to the end of June came in 6.6% up against the same period a year ago at BRL3.16bn (US$1.79bn). Sales rose in the period by 7.2% in reported terms – 14% in organic terms – to BRL11.80bn, as volumes climbed by 9.1%.
EBITDA for the half-year inched up in reported terms by 0.3% to BRL5.18bn, and by 4.7% organically.
For the second quarter of 2010, profits increased by 9.8% to BRL1.51bn, with sales up by 6.2% (reported) at BRL5.68bn.
AmBev noted that it had benefited from price increases across its regions in the second quarter, with net revenue per hectolitre growing by 3% year-on-year.
A 12.6% leap in volumes in Brazil was partly offset by a 5.5% slide in volumes in Canada.
The full press release can be found on AmBev's website, here.
There are sound reasons behind Anheuser-Busch InBev's foray into the cider market with Stella Cidre, but the brand needs to be clear about what it's trying to do if it's going to survive as a latecome...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets