KOREA: Domestic importer to sell Burberry brand whiskey.
Metroline Co., a Korean importer of liquor, has confirmed it will market Burberry brand whiskey from Burn Stewart Distillers domestically.
The company said the products sold in Korea will be wrapped in the distinctive plaid design of Burberry apparel products. The Burberry whiskey was created by the Scottish distiller with the approval of Thomas Burberry the founder of the world famous apparel company.
Burn Stewart currently markets not only the Burberry brand but also Black Prince and Scottish Leader whiskeys. The company has previously won the Scottish Exporter of the Year Award, and Drinks Exporter of the Year Award.
Burn Stewart Distillers have already introduced a new brand, Scotch Blue International, to the Korean market.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?