BULGARIA: Domaine Boyar re-emerges on international stage
Bulgarian wine producer Domaine Boyar is to relaunch following a merger and rebranding.
The company said today (4 December) that Domaine Boyar International (DBI) will be fully operational by the beginning of next year as a merger of several previously affiliated companies, including Domaine Boyar AD (DBAD).
A "considerable investment" will be made in DBI, with Ehrmanns - the UK importer for DBAD - acting as sole UK importer for the new company.
The DBI board of directors will include Margarit Todorov, Evgeni Haramliiski and Tzanko Stanchev. Haramliiski and Todorov will share the role of managing director, while Stanchev will be in charge of production.
"DBI will be the sole holder of all assets including the three wineries, Blueridge, Shumen and Korten, as well as all trade marks previously held by DBAD and its affiliated companies," the new firm added.
Todorov said: "The formation of DBI, along with a considerable cash injection will make our operation more efficient, response better and the monitoring of production and trading more precise. At the same time we believe it will give us significantly greater opportunities to build upon the sizeable expansion already achieved over the past two years in both domestic and international markets."
Ehrmanns managing director Mark Chapman added: "Ehrmanns has successfully worked with DBAD for several years now and has been instrumental in creating the growing demand for its wines in the UK. We look forward to working closely with the new company to grow this further."
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets