AUS: Doctors call for warning labels on wine
Australia's top doctors have called for warning labels to be put on wine bottles throughout the country.
The Australian Medical Association said warnings about the health risks of excessive alcohol consumption were needed to tackle the problem of binge drinking.
Drinkers in the US have lived with a similar warning scheme in the US for 20 years, while the UK government plans to issue proposals on introducing labels in that country.
Foster's Group, Australia's second-largest wine producer, said it supported any moves to promote responsible drinking but warned that the wording on any warning label needed to be carefully constructed to work effectively.
"(A warning) has to show it has the effect that was intended, rather than just add to the complexity on labels," a Foster's spokesman said.
A Bordeaux wine producer has been fined EUR3,000 (US$4,038) and given a suspended sentence of two months in prison for labelling his rosé wine as clariet....
Systembolaget has been accused of favouritism in exchange for jobs in Sweden....
Anheuser-Busch has come out fighting against claims it is targeting children with one of its alcoholic brands....
Foster's has completed a substantial share buy-back....
US bottled water sales and consumption continue to rise, as consumers increasingly choose bottled water over other beverages, according to figures out this week....
A US consumer watchdog has attacked Anheuser-Busch for its "kid-friendly" marketing of Spykes....
Japanese beverage alcohol wholesaler Izmic Corp. has reportedly bought rival firm Yoshikawasyuhan Corp. for an undisclosed sum....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends