AUS: Doctors call for warning labels on wine
Australia's top doctors have called for warning labels to be put on wine bottles throughout the country.
The Australian Medical Association said warnings about the health risks of excessive alcohol consumption were needed to tackle the problem of binge drinking.
Drinkers in the US have lived with a similar warning scheme in the US for 20 years, while the UK government plans to issue proposals on introducing labels in that country.
Foster's Group, Australia's second-largest wine producer, said it supported any moves to promote responsible drinking but warned that the wording on any warning label needed to be carefully constructed to work effectively.
"(A warning) has to show it has the effect that was intended, rather than just add to the complexity on labels," a Foster's spokesman said.
A Bordeaux wine producer has been fined EUR3,000 (US$4,038) and given a suspended sentence of two months in prison for labelling his rosé wine as clariet....
Systembolaget has been accused of favouritism in exchange for jobs in Sweden....
Anheuser-Busch has come out fighting against claims it is targeting children with one of its alcoholic brands....
Foster's has completed a substantial share buy-back....
US bottled water sales and consumption continue to rise, as consumers increasingly choose bottled water over other beverages, according to figures out this week....
A US consumer watchdog has attacked Anheuser-Busch for its "kid-friendly" marketing of Spykes....
Japanese beverage alcohol wholesaler Izmic Corp. has reportedly bought rival firm Yoshikawasyuhan Corp. for an undisclosed sum....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research