S AFRICA: DLR, Bebida Beverages sign Potencia distribution deal
DLR Associates and Bebida Beverages have signed a deal with The Potencia Product Company of South Africa to be the exclusive importer of the Potencia Energy Drink, Koma Unwind and Piranha Water.
The Potencia Product Company, which had no prior links to the Potencia Energy Drink brand, will be responsible for all distribution, sales and marketing of the drinks in South Africa.
It said yesterday (19 May) that, after looking for expansion opportunities, it "stumbled" across Potencia Energy Drink in the US.
"After extensive due diligence we have decided this will be a fantastic opportunity to expand our business portfolio," said Charles Schnehage, of The Potencia Product Company South Africa.
"When we saw that Potencia Energy Drink was made from real tamarind fruit we quickly decided to explore the possibilities as tamarind is widely used in food, beverages and medicines in South Africa."
DLR Associates, the raw material procurement and manufacturing entity for all Potencia branded products, said it is "modifying" the Potencia Energy Drink Can.
"The South African can will be a modified to be written in English and Afrikaan the native language as well as have multiple African provinces in lieu of Spanish Countries," said CEO Daisy Ramirez of DLR Associates.
"Koma Unwind will also undergo a label modification for the South Africa market as we move forward and get product into the market; the initial Koma Unwind will be in a 20oz plastic bottle where The Potencia Group SA can use it to get sales and retail feedback," added Ramirez.
Sectors: Soft drinks
Sales of energy drinks have doubled in the last five years, according to recent research....
There's a new impulse buy opportunity for retailers and an energy/nutrition fix for consumers in the form of a niche, but growing category - the shot. Annette Farr considers the category, and takes a ...
DNA Beverage Corporation, makers of DNA Energy Drink, has announced an alliance with Star Racing Yamaha in a bid to maximise its market presence....
Voltz International is to launch its Voltz energy shot health drink in Australia after appointing a distributor in the country....
Hansen Natural has reported another quarter of rising profits and sales....
Coca-Cola Spain has launched energy drink Burn con Zumo (Burn with Juice) in the country....
Coca-Cola Amatil has said solid trading in the third quarter of its fiscal year means the soft drinks group is on-track to meet profits guidance....
DNA Beverage Corp has launched a new website for its DNA Energy Drink....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends