US: Distributors align in north-west deal
Southern Wine & Spirits and Alaska Distributors have joined forces across six north-west US states.
Alaska Distributors divisions Spirits West will join with Southern to form a new partnership to cover Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming from May.
Southern Wine & Spirits president and chief operating officer Wayne Chaplin said: "We are excited to continue to build our control state group's reach, which will now encompass 14 markets and cover approximately 65% of the total national control state sales volume.
"Our new partnership with Alaska Distributors is another landmark in the history of Southern Wine & Spirits of America."
Alaska Distributors president and CEO Stephen Loeb said: "It's an exciting day for our Spirits West Division to partner with Southern Wine & Spirits of America. Their vision for a fully integrated control state group, focused on on-premise excellence and operational efficiencies, will help strengthen our existing operation and create more value for all our suppliers."
Peter Hickey, executive VP, general manager-control states group at Southern, will lead the new group.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends