US: Distributors align in north-west deal
Southern Wine & Spirits and Alaska Distributors have joined forces across six north-west US states.
Alaska Distributors divisions Spirits West will join with Southern to form a new partnership to cover Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming from May.
Southern Wine & Spirits president and chief operating officer Wayne Chaplin said: "We are excited to continue to build our control state group's reach, which will now encompass 14 markets and cover approximately 65% of the total national control state sales volume.
"Our new partnership with Alaska Distributors is another landmark in the history of Southern Wine & Spirits of America."
Alaska Distributors president and CEO Stephen Loeb said: "It's an exciting day for our Spirits West Division to partner with Southern Wine & Spirits of America. Their vision for a fully integrated control state group, focused on on-premise excellence and operational efficiencies, will help strengthen our existing operation and create more value for all our suppliers."
Peter Hickey, executive VP, general manager-control states group at Southern, will lead the new group.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World