UK: Distillery halts production over Legionnaires outbreak - report
Production at the North British Distillery in Gorgie was halted as a “precaution”, the company told the BBC today (8 June). Scotland's health executive said the company had failed to adequately control the risk of legionella in one of its cooling towers, the BBC reported.
The tower has not been identified as the source of the outbreak.
Elsewhere, a 56-year-old man has died in the outbreak, which had infected 61 people in Scotland as of yesterday.
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites