UK: Distillery halts production over Legionnaires outbreak - report
Production at the North British Distillery in Gorgie was halted as a “precaution”, the company told the BBC today (8 June). Scotland's health executive said the company had failed to adequately control the risk of legionella in one of its cooling towers, the BBC reported.
The tower has not been identified as the source of the outbreak.
Elsewhere, a 56-year-old man has died in the outbreak, which had infected 61 people in Scotland as of yesterday.
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research