UK: Distillery halts production over Legionnaires outbreak - report
Production at the North British Distillery in Gorgie was halted as a “precaution”, the company told the BBC today (8 June). Scotland's health executive said the company had failed to adequately control the risk of legionella in one of its cooling towers, the BBC reported.
The tower has not been identified as the source of the outbreak.
Elsewhere, a 56-year-old man has died in the outbreak, which had infected 61 people in Scotland as of yesterday.
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"