UK: Distillery halts production over Legionnaires outbreak - report
Production at the North British Distillery in Gorgie was halted as a “precaution”, the company told the BBC today (8 June). Scotland's health executive said the company had failed to adequately control the risk of legionella in one of its cooling towers, the BBC reported.
The tower has not been identified as the source of the outbreak.
Elsewhere, a 56-year-old man has died in the outbreak, which had infected 61 people in Scotland as of yesterday.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research