UK: Distillery halts production over Legionnaires outbreak - report
Production at the North British Distillery in Gorgie was halted as a “precaution”, the company told the BBC today (8 June). Scotland's health executive said the company had failed to adequately control the risk of legionella in one of its cooling towers, the BBC reported.
The tower has not been identified as the source of the outbreak.
Elsewhere, a 56-year-old man has died in the outbreak, which had infected 61 people in Scotland as of yesterday.
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Bacardi buys Banks rum
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Diageo turns to W Ice in South Korea
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil