Product Launch - UK: Distillerie Francoli's Opal Sambuca
Click through to view Distillerie Francoli's Opal Sambuca
Distillerie Francoli's Opal Sambuca
Category - Spirits, sambuca, 38% abv
Available - From yesterday (8 October)
Location - Exclusive to the UK
Price - SRP GBP16.99 (US$27.25) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Global Brands
Distributor Global Brands has launched an Italian sambuca exclusive to the UK market to capitalise on what it claims are premiumisation trends in the spirits sector.
Distillerie Francoli's Opal Sambuca will drive growth back in the UK sambuca sector, which has so far missed out on premiumisation, Global Drinks told just-drinks yesterday (8 October). The distributor also said there is a strong call from bartenders for sambuca.
“(Opal Sambuca) will encourage people to trade up on their nights out as the brand meets consumer needs for premium brands and experiences,” the company said.
Last month, Hi-Spirits launched Antica Absinthe Sambuca in the UK market.
Global Brands has unveiled a raft of on-trade activity for its famous Opal range this Autumn, including the launch of Opal Sambuca, a premium Sambuca to sit alongside the luxury liqueur range.
Produced by the revered Francoli Distillery in Northern Italy, the Opal range, which includes Opal Nera, Opal Bianca and Opal Rossa liqueurs, and now the 38% abv Opal Sambuca, are created using only the highest quality, natural ingredients to deliver the superior taste for which Opal is renowned.
This year’s Halloween campaign will capture Opal’s ‘Dark Nights’ and ‘Passione Italiana’ brand identity and offers stockists bespoke point of sale and Halloween kits. To drive visibility and rate of sale in-venue the kits include signature glassware, strut cards and Halloween masks.
The Halloween activity will culminate in the annual trade ‘Dark Nights’ Opal Halloween ball on 31st October at Fabric nightclub in Central London.
Global Brands Marketing Director, Simon Green commented:
“October marks a significant period of investment for the Opal range of Italian liqueurs as the brand is dark and mysterious in nature, making it ideal for Halloween and the winter months. ‘Italiana Passione’ is centred around striking imagery and bespoke point of sale to communicate Opal’s Italian heritage, the range’s superior quality and its intriguing nature.
“Whilst we’re seeing success with the Opal range of sambuca liqueurs, which are outperforming the market and growing at +18%*, the UK Sambuca category is underperforming having failed to capitalise on the premiumisation trend. The launch of 38% Opal Sambuca will encourage people to trade up on their nights out as the brand meets consumer needs for premium brands and experiences. There is a strong bar call for Sambuca and Opal Sambuca is the premium shooter for the discerning palate.”
Luxury Sambuca Liqueurs – 30% abv
Opal Nera – ‘A deep purple liquid with flavours of anise and liquorice, of black jellybeans and lemon zest which linger deliciously on the tongue.’
Opal Rossa ‘Blood Cherry’ – ‘Blood red with an aroma of ripened cherries, taste of sour cherries with a hint of anise and fresh lemon - bursting with juice and flavour.’
Opal Bianca – ‘Clear with an aroma of aniseed, taste of liquorice and
fresh lemon with a luscious mouth-feel and smooth finish.’
NEW Opal Sambuca – 38% abv
Distinctly smooth Sambuca made with natural infusions of green and star anise, elderflower and coriander created to match the characteristics of Opal Bianca.
Original source: Company Release
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends