CZECH: Distiller Fruko-Schultz enjoys bumper 2006
Czech distiller Fruko-Schultz enjoyed record sales last year thanks to growing demand at home and abroad.
The company, based in the south of the Czech Republic, saw turnover jump 25% to CZK596m (US$27.8m), export manager Tomas Petru said today (23 January).
Petru told just-drinks that the company's sales rose due to the Czech government's decision impose strip stamps on all bottles of spirits sold in the country. "The decision meant black market producers were pushed out of the market," Petru said.
Fruko-Schultz's best-selling product remained Tuzemak, a local rum popular in the Czech Republic, Petru said.
Exports more than doubled to countries including Slovakia, Germany and the Baltic states.
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
Diageo Great Britain is launching a new bottle for Morgan's Spiced Rum in the UK....
Patrón Spirits Company has increased its distribution for its portfolio in the UK....
Consumers last year continued to flock to more expensive premium and flavoured products, according to the recently published Adams Liquor Handbook 2007....
CL Financial, the parent of UK-based drinks group CL World Brands, has closed the purchase of a US distillery from Pernod Ricard....
Heaven Hill Distilleries has redesigned its labelling for its Whaler's Hawaiian-style rum line....
Castle Brands has reported a leap in sales volumes and value for its full year, although increased costs lead to deeper losses for the company over the 12 months....
Diageo has confirmed its interest in buying Vin & Sprit, the makers of Absolut vodka....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat