US: Distilled Spirits Council responds to sampling veto
The Distilled Spirits Council has responded to the Governor's Doyle's decision to veto the distilled spirits sampling provision.
The trade body said today (29 October) that the decision was "unfortunate" and referred to marketplace suffering an equal blow from the new measures.
"Beer and wine tastings are already permitted in the state and there is no reason to treat spirits products any differently. Alcohol is alcohol," the trade association said.
The spirits council added: that "Since 1999, 23 states have passed or expanded consumer spirits tastings laws and Mothers Against Drunk Driving did not oppose any of these bills because the industry insisted on responsible guidelines."
Carlsberg has succeeded in gaining an increased holding in Vietnamese brewer Hanoi Beer Alcohol and Beverage Co (Habeco)....
The Distilled Spirits Council in the US (DISCUS) has backed the call for the inclusion of basic dietary information on beverage alcohol labels....
The early Easter hit sales at Vinmonopolet last month, although quarterly sales recorded a slight rise....
The head of India's UB Group has warned that the ongoing struggle against higher taxes on imported spirits into the country cannot be resolved through the World Trade Organisation....
The European Union has made a plea to the alcoholic drinks industry to stop targeting young people and minors in marketing campaigns....
Alcohol vaporisers have been banned across the state of Kentucky in the US....
This year's World Whiskies Conference concludes today (15 April) with a look at a wide scope of issues concerning the industry, including innovation, legal definitions and future growth possibilities....
Consolidation has grown among US beer distributors due to rising costs, the need for well-balanced portfolios and broader reach, according to an industry report....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future