US: Distilled Spirits Council responds to sampling veto
The Distilled Spirits Council has responded to the Governor's Doyle's decision to veto the distilled spirits sampling provision.
The trade body said today (29 October) that the decision was "unfortunate" and referred to marketplace suffering an equal blow from the new measures.
"Beer and wine tastings are already permitted in the state and there is no reason to treat spirits products any differently. Alcohol is alcohol," the trade association said.
The spirits council added: that "Since 1999, 23 states have passed or expanded consumer spirits tastings laws and Mothers Against Drunk Driving did not oppose any of these bills because the industry insisted on responsible guidelines."
Carlsberg has succeeded in gaining an increased holding in Vietnamese brewer Hanoi Beer Alcohol and Beverage Co (Habeco)....
The Distilled Spirits Council in the US (DISCUS) has backed the call for the inclusion of basic dietary information on beverage alcohol labels....
The early Easter hit sales at Vinmonopolet last month, although quarterly sales recorded a slight rise....
The head of India's UB Group has warned that the ongoing struggle against higher taxes on imported spirits into the country cannot be resolved through the World Trade Organisation....
The European Union has made a plea to the alcoholic drinks industry to stop targeting young people and minors in marketing campaigns....
Alcohol vaporisers have been banned across the state of Kentucky in the US....
This year's World Whiskies Conference concludes today (15 April) with a look at a wide scope of issues concerning the industry, including innovation, legal definitions and future growth possibilities....
Consolidation has grown among US beer distributors due to rising costs, the need for well-balanced portfolios and broader reach, according to an industry report....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research