Distell’s Tobermory 42-Year-Old Single Malt - Product Launch
Distell’s Tobermory 42-Year-Old Single Malt
Distell's Tobermory 42-Year-Old Single Malt
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 48.1% abv
Available - From this week
Location - Global, through Travel Retail
Price - GBP2,500 (US$3,330) per 70cl bottle
Distell has lined up a limited edition 42-year-old iteration of its Tobermory single malt Scotch whisky. Launched this week exclusively in the Global Travel Retail channel, the cask-strength expression is limited to 650 bottles.
"This limited edition release offers a unique opportunity for discerning whisky fans, collectors and connoisseurs to purchase a historic malt from the only distillery on the picturesque Hebridean Isle of Mull," said Alison Gibb, global marketing manager for Distell's malts portfolio.
Distell took ownership of Tobermory in 2013, when it bought the distillery's parent company, Burn Stewart Distillers, from CL World Brands and Angostura Ltd for ZAR2.2bn (then-US$244m). The South African group also owns Islay's Bunnahabhain as a result of the Burn Stewart purchase.
One of Scotland's oldest commercial distilleries, Tobermory, has unveiled a 42-Year-Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Nurtured on the Isle of Mull for more than four decades, this incredibly special release will be available exclusively through Global Retail Travel, with only 650 bottles on sale worldwide at £2,500 each.
With a deep walnut colour, this unique malt has an intense, heavily sherried nose with sooty smoke, liquorice and hints of black cherry. While on the palate; bitter dark chocolate, coffee and powerful oak flavours are finished with a dry and spicy salty tail.
Presented in a bespoke presentation box, the malt is revealed via a rotating door, which features an exclusive painting of Tobermory's iconic colourful, waterfront cottages specially created by renowned island artist, Angus Stewart.
Alison Gibb, Global Marketing Manager for Distell's Malts Portfolio, said: "This limited edition release offers a unique opportunity for discerning whisky fans, collectors and connoisseurs to purchase a historic malt from the only distillery on the picturesque Hebridean Isle of Mull.
"Rich and luxurious, its nose, palate, finish and presentation, all reflect the craftsmanship and passion involved in creating such a special malt."
Tobermory 42-Year-Old has a cask strength 48.1% and is unchill filtered with natural colour.
Located on the coast of magical Mull, Tobermory Distillery is famed for producing two different, but equally alluring single malts: the unpeated Tobermory and the robust and smoky Ledaig.
Original source: Company Release
In October, Anheuser-Busch InBev completed the US$103bn acquisition of its main rival, SABMiller. ABI started its move in September 2015, when it notified SAB's board that it was lining up an offer. O...
Distell Group is expected to continue to benefit from its extensive range and strong production, particularly in terms of South African wine....
South Africa saw booming interest in cider during the review period, with this being encouraged by strong new product development from Distell Group....
Overall decline for RTDs/high-strength premixes in 2015 was largely due to a poor performance for South African Breweries' Redd's brand....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research