Product Launch - UK: Distell's Nederburg 56 Hundred
Distell's Nederburg 56 Hundred Pinot Noir
Distell's Nederburg 56 Hundred
Category - Wine, South Africa, Pinot Grigio (12.5% abv), Pinot Noir (13% abv)
Available - From now
Location - UK; off-trade, Tesco
Price - RRP GBP7.99
Distell has added a new range to its Nederburg wine portfolio.
The 56 Hundred label includes a 12.5% abv Pinot Grigio and 13% abv Pinot Noir, which has launched at Tesco stores in the UK. Distell said the wines have been developed with UK consumers in mind.
The Pinot Grigio is described as "a crisp wine with a touch of fruit and a fresh, lingering finish". The Pinot Noir is "a soft textured, light and fruity red wine bursting with strawberries and cherry flavours, laced with spice", according to Distell.
The new range is targeted at "existing Nederburg drinkers" and also aims to recruit new consumers to the South African wine category, the company said.
In full-year results, reported yesterday, the company saw sales rise by 13%, while net profits jumped by 40%.
Distell has announced the appointment of Lucas Verwey to the role of finance director. ...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
South African drinks company Distell has seen full-year net profits fall despite a sales increase as it upped staff levels and other costs. ...
Spirits in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also co...
South Africa's alcohol trade body has offered to work with the government over proposed changes to alcohol laws that include lowering the minimum drinking age....
Wine in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descrip...
Earlier today (23 July), the International Wine & Spirit Competition released the list of full winners for spirits for 2015. Here is the list of trophy winners....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends