Product Launch - UK: Distell's JC Le Roux Le Domaine
Click through to view Distell's JC Le Roux Le Domaine
Distell's JC Le Roux Le Domaine
Category - Wine, sparkling, South Africa, Sauvignon Blanc, White Muscadel, 7.5% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK, nation-wide, Morrisons supermarkets
Price - SRP of GBP8.99 per 75cl bottle
Distell has announced the launch of a sparkling wine in time for the festive season.
JC Le Roux Le Domaine is lower in alcohol than usual sparkling wines and aims to tap into rising demand for lower abv wines during Christmas in the UK, Distell said.
Last month, Distell was one of 26 South African wineries to carry a new ethical stamp, aimed at ensuring fair industry working conditions in the country.
DISTELL WELCOMES J.C. LE ROUX LE DOMAINE TO THE UK MARKET
In the run up to the celebratory season, Distell has announced the launch of sparkling white wine, J.C Le Roux Le Domaine into the UK market. The latest release from Distell has gained a listing in Morrisons and sits alongside the brand’s La Fleurette variant.
Le Domaine comes from South Africa’s first and leading cellar house dedicated entirely to the craft of making sparkling wines. At 7.5% ABV, Le Domaine is lower in alcohol, made predominantly of Sauvignon Blanc grapes (80%) blended with White Muscadel (20%).
The cellar master, Elunda Basson, at 30 years old, is one of the youngest and most exciting South African wine makers in the industry. She describes Le Domaine as having the freshness of a Sauvignon Blanc, yet crisp with a gentle sweetness from the Muscadel.
Sarah Gandy, International Marketing Manager for Distell comments: “With the festive season fast approaching and the recent popularity of lower strength wines, it’s a great time to launch Le Domaine into the UK. South African wines are a major player in the sparkling market with the category currently in growth. With consumer choice increasingly shifting from Champagne to sparkling wine, we believe that J.C Le Roux Le Domaine is perfectly positioned to benefit from this trend.¹“
Having secured the listing with Morrisons, Distell will now continue to focus on securing further listings into the other grocery channels.
J.C Le Roux Le Domaine is available in Morrisons stores nationwide, RRP: £8.99.
Original source: Company Release
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research