GHANA: Distell ups West Africa interest with bottling plant launch
Distell will produce cider and spirits at the plant
Distell has opened a US$5m alcoholic beverage bottling plant in Ghana as it seeks to expand its footprint in West Africa.
The plant, just outside Accra in Tema, will produce Distell's cider and whiskey brands as well as other spirits, the South Africa-based drinks producer said today (12 June). It was built in partnership with West African trading conglomerate Finatrade Group, which said the project was an example of how international companies can “pool their skills” with local operators.
In return, the new bottling plant will develop management and technical skills for employees in Ghana and boost the country's manufacturing sector, Finatrade said.
Distell's international operations performed well in its most recent H1 figures, with sales up by 48.9% to ZAR2.94bn (US$273.8m).
Synopsis Canadean's "Distell Group Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profil...
South African company, Distell Group Ltd, is the world’s second largest producer in the expanding cider/perry category, as well as a globally significant player in wine, spirits and RTDs/high-strength...
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles o...
Spirits in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also co...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review