SOUTH AFRICA: Distell to boost red production by 50%
The South African wine and spirit group Distell has embarked on a R67m cellar expansion programme at Nederburg that will increase the company's total pressing capacity for red wines by over 50%, and whites by 20%. The programme will also boost Distell's wine barrel maturation capacity by 25%. It forms part of a wider initiative to strengthen the infrastructure to meet a rising demand for the company's wines, flowing from the merger of Distillers' Corporation with Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery (SFW), André Steyn, director of corporate affairs said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research