SOUTH AFRICA: Distell to boost red production by 50%
The South African wine and spirit group Distell has embarked on a R67m cellar expansion programme at Nederburg that will increase the company's total pressing capacity for red wines by over 50%, and whites by 20%. The programme will also boost Distell's wine barrel maturation capacity by 25%. It forms part of a wider initiative to strengthen the infrastructure to meet a rising demand for the company's wines, flowing from the merger of Distillers' Corporation with Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery (SFW), André Steyn, director of corporate affairs said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory