ASIA: Distell tasks new Travel Retail Asia head with spirits growth
Distell released its H1 numbers last month
Distell has appointed a general manager for its Asia Pacific Travel Retail arm.
Australian-born Luke Maga, 33, will head up the region's Travel Retail business and has been tasked with driving growth for Distell's key spirits brands, the company said today (3 March). Maga is also charged with capturing demand for Nederburg wines amongst travellers.
The role has been newly-created and is part of Distell's moves to centralise its Travel Retail team from a previous regional approach, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
Marius Fouché, who heads Distell's global duty free division, said: "(Maga's) conversancy with the Asia Pacific region, his ability to customise retail travel solutions for individual geographies and his success with luxury brands, make his a valuable addition to the team."
Maga joins Distell from Trivision International, a Hong Kong company specialising in retail design and installation. He was formerly the Asia Pacific global Travel Retail manager for Beam Global Spirits & Wine and the global Travel Retail manager for Maxxium Worldwide in Australia.
Last month, South African-based Distell praised its international division for driving a strong performance in its first-half results.
Spirits in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also co...
Wine in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descrip...
Whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage usually made from fermented grain mash such as barley, corn (maize), rye, and wheat....
Drinks Alcoholic drinks comprise beer, spirits, and wine. In 2013, the Beer segment led the market with 53.24 percent and 75.34 percent share, respectively, in terms of revenue and volume. An increase...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages