ASIA: Distell tasks new Travel Retail Asia head with spirits growth
Distell released its H1 numbers last month
Distell has appointed a general manager for its Asia Pacific Travel Retail arm.
Australian-born Luke Maga, 33, will head up the region's Travel Retail business and has been tasked with driving growth for Distell's key spirits brands, the company said today (3 March). Maga is also charged with capturing demand for Nederburg wines amongst travellers.
The role has been newly-created and is part of Distell's moves to centralise its Travel Retail team from a previous regional approach, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
Marius Fouché, who heads Distell's global duty free division, said: "(Maga's) conversancy with the Asia Pacific region, his ability to customise retail travel solutions for individual geographies and his success with luxury brands, make his a valuable addition to the team."
Maga joins Distell from Trivision International, a Hong Kong company specialising in retail design and installation. He was formerly the Asia Pacific global Travel Retail manager for Beam Global Spirits & Wine and the global Travel Retail manager for Maxxium Worldwide in Australia.
Last month, South African-based Distell praised its international division for driving a strong performance in its first-half results.
The US Spirits Market: What Consumers Drink and Why?
This report provides the results for the Spirits market in the US from Canadean’s unique, highly detailed study of consumers’ Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of an ove...read more
Synopsis Canadean's "Distell Group Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profil...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
South African company, Distell Group Ltd, is the world’s second largest producer in the expanding cider/perry category, as well as a globally significant player in wine, spirits and RTDs/high-strength...
Wine in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descrip...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research