ASIA: Distell tasks new Travel Retail Asia head with spirits growth
Distell released its H1 numbers last month
Distell has appointed a general manager for its Asia Pacific Travel Retail arm.
Australian-born Luke Maga, 33, will head up the region's Travel Retail business and has been tasked with driving growth for Distell's key spirits brands, the company said today (3 March). Maga is also charged with capturing demand for Nederburg wines amongst travellers.
The role has been newly-created and is part of Distell's moves to centralise its Travel Retail team from a previous regional approach, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
Marius Fouché, who heads Distell's global duty free division, said: "(Maga's) conversancy with the Asia Pacific region, his ability to customise retail travel solutions for individual geographies and his success with luxury brands, make his a valuable addition to the team."
Maga joins Distell from Trivision International, a Hong Kong company specialising in retail design and installation. He was formerly the Asia Pacific global Travel Retail manager for Beam Global Spirits & Wine and the global Travel Retail manager for Maxxium Worldwide in Australia.
Last month, South African-based Distell praised its international division for driving a strong performance in its first-half results.
Beam Suntory has added the eight-year-old Kilbeggan single grain Irish whiskey to its Travel Retail portfolio....
Beam Suntory has launched a 21-year-old Kilbeggan into European Travel Retail as it ups the Irish whiskey's presence in the sector....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends