S AFRICA/UK: Distell switches to Matthew Clark
Distell has assigned five of its leading wine brands to Matthew Clark in the UK in order to extend its presence in the country's on-trade.
Matthew Clark is already in discussion with several pub chains regarding listings, according to Distell. The South African firm's international director, Don Gallow, said today (9 March) that the group has switched distribution from WaverleyTBS for a bigger distribution footprint.
Gallow said a priority with Matthew Clark would be the Nederburg wine brand's 'The Manor' range, which has been developed exclusively for Matthew Clark. The other wine brands in the distribution deal are Fleur du Cap, Durbanville Hills, Pongracz (sparkling wine) and Drostdy-Hof.
Wines of South Africa figures show that sales of Cape wines increased by 23% in value in 2010.
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard to shut down Morris Winery
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview