S AFRICA/IRELAND: Distell switches Edward Dillon for Richmond Marketing in Ireland
Distell will make the distribution move on 1 January
Distell has confirmed a change of distributor for several of its wine brands in Ireland.
Richmond Marketing will take over its distrubution from Edward Dillon & Co from next year, the South African wine group said today (4 October). Edward Dillon is looking “to concentrate its future development focus on its core premium spirit, Champagne and wine brands”, the Irish firm said.
Richmond will begin distributing Nederburg, Durbanville Hills, Obikwa and Libertas from 1 January. Febvre, the current distributor of Distell's Two Oceans, Fleur Du Cap and Pongracz brands in the country, will “remain as the distributor for these brands”, Distell said.
“We are very proud of our involvement with the Distell range of brands, with which we have been associated with for 21 years,” said Edward Dillon's CEO, Andy O'Hara. “We wish the new distributors every success with the brands’ continued development in the Irish market.”
Based in Dublin, Richmond Marketing employs around 120 staff. It also handles the Irish distribution of Concha Y Toro, Russian Standard and Peroni.
Last month, Distell upped its presence in China, acquiring a 60% share in privately-owned distribution company CJ Wines & Spirits in the country.
The wine world is looking east for the next big market. China has caught everyone's eye, thanks to some mind-blowing numbers of late. But, scratch the surface and, Chris Losh warns, there are still ma...
Glazer's, the US and Caribbean beverage distributor, is to distribute Banfi Vintners' portfolio in five US states....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends